collapse-all in a macro

Greetings Mutt'ers,

Has anyone tried to use collapse-all in a macro?  I'm trying to create a
"mark all messages in the mailbox as read."  My first shot looked a
little like this:

macro index C "T.\n;Wn\ct.\n" "mark all messages as read"

However, I normally have a folder-hook with "push <collapse-all>", and
thus the macro doesn't tag messages which are currently collapsed.  So
my second try went a little like this:

macro index C "<collapse-all>T.\n;Wn\ct.\n" "mark all messages as read"

Except that collapse-all is a toggle.  What I really need is some way to
always uncollapse-all.

Suggestions for alternatives are quite welcome.

me