Re: [Mutt] #2936: description of $use_envelope_from is ambiguous

On 2007-08-01 11:59:48 +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
[...]
> > >  I propose: ''When this option is set, Mutt will set the
> > >  envelope sender, using the value of $envelope_from_address if
> > >  it is set, else the address of the "From:" header. Note that
> > >  this information is passed ![...]''
>
> > Why not split it up in two sentences, for even more clarity?  (In
> > addition, some other minor changes)
>
> > ''When this option is set, Mutt will set the envelope sender using
> > the value of $envelope_from_address, if that is set.  If this option
>                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > is not set, Mutt will set the envelope sender to the "From:" header.
> > Note that this information is passed ![...]''
>
> The underlined text seems to refer to "$use_envelope_from" itself. I
> recommend "If this second option is not set" instead.

Yes, but only when the first option is set. One can say:

  When this option is set, Mutt will set the envelope sender.
  Mutt will set it using the value of $envelope_from_address
  if this value is defined. If this value is not defined, Mutt
  will use the address in the "From:" header instead.

  Note that this information is passed [...]