Re: [Mutt] #2936: description of $use_envelope_from is ambiguous

* René Clerc [Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:47:06 +0200]:

> * Mutt <fleas@xxxxxxxx> [01-08-2007 00:21]:

> > #2936: description of $use_envelope_from is ambiguous

> >  The description of $use_envelope_from is ambiguous. The manual says:
> >  ''When set, mutt will use $envelope_from_address as the envelope sender if
> >  that is set, otherwise it will attempt to derive it from the "From:"
> >  header. Note that this information is passed to sendmail command using the
> >  "-f" command line switch ![...]''

> >  The "otherwise" seems to correspond to the "when": ''When set, mutt will
> >  ![...], otherwise it will ![...]''.

> >  I propose: ''When this option is set, Mutt will set the envelope sender,
> >  using the value of $envelope_from_address if it is set, else the address
> >  of the "From:" header. Note that this information is passed ![...]''

> Why not split it up in two sentences, for even more clarity?  (In
> addition, some other minor changes)

> ''When this option is set, Mutt will set the envelope sender using
> the value of $envelope_from_address, if that is set.  If this option
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> is not set, Mutt will set the envelope sender to the "From:" header.
> Note that this information is passed ![...]''

The underlined text seems to refer to "$use_envelope_from" itself. I
recommend "If this second option is not set" instead.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

- They love him. He chases them around and shouts and pretends to be
  mad, and they laugh and laugh.
                -- Mr. Krumholtze, about Michel