Re: [Mutt] #2936: description of $use_envelope_from is ambiguous

#2936: description of $use_envelope_from is ambiguous

Comment (by Vincent Lefevre):

 {{{
 On 2007-08-01 11:59:48 +0200, Adeodato Simó wrote:
 [...]
 > > >  I propose: ''When this option is set, Mutt will set the
 > > >  envelope sender, using the value of $envelope_from_address if
 > > >  it is set, else the address of the "From:" header. Note that
 > > >  this information is passed ![...]''
 >
 > > Why not split it up in two sentences, for even more clarity?  (In
 > > addition, some other minor changes)
 >
 > > ''When this option is set, Mutt will set the envelope sender using
 > > the value of $envelope_from_address, if that is set.  If this option
 >                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > > is not set, Mutt will set the envelope sender to the "From:" header.
 >   ^^^^^^^^^^
 > > Note that this information is passed ![...]''
 >
 > The underlined text seems to refer to "$use_envelope_from" itself. I
 > recommend "If this second option is not set" instead.

 Yes, but only when the first option is set. One can say:

   When this option is set, Mutt will set the envelope sender.
   Mutt will set it using the value of $envelope_from_address
   if this value is defined. If this value is not defined, Mutt
   will use the address in the "From:" header instead.

   Note that this information is passed [...]
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2936#comment:>