Re: [Mutt] #2917: format/flowed messages are not properly filled

#2917: format/flowed messages are not properly filled

Comment (by pdmef):

 Replying to [comment:7 John Hawkinson]:

 > Rocco Rutte <fleas@xxxxxxxx> wrote on Thu, 21 Jun 2007
 > >  By default, if you don't set $wrap, the limit is 77.
 >
 > Whoa. That's weird. Can we update the docs? They say the default
 > is "0" and they don't say what that means, but the implication is
 > that the its the same as a negative value of zero:

 I didn't mean the value for $wrap but an internal limit being used
 in case $wrap=0. The old handler for format=flowed didn't flow lines
 and so $wrap defaults to 0 and the new f=f handler will flow the lines
 up to the internal limit (just for clarification that the limit makes
 sense, there's no other way except a new variable whether to generally
 flow format=flowed mails to what width that I know of now...)

 > > What if you were viewing the message on a device with less than
 > > 80 columns?
 >
 > Then you as the receiver have a special problem and will need to take
 > special action.. But that vast majority of people have >=80 cols
 > and their viewing shouldn't be broken.

 Just that one has more than 80 characters doesn't mean he's willing to
 use it for text.

 > Kyle Wheeler responded to mutt-dev (found in the archive) and
 > it didn't make it into trac, but I wanted to note that
 > RFC2646 is obsoleted by RFC3676 (I don't think anything
 > of relevance changes).

 The new f=f handler is supposed to support RfC3676 except for this
 bug maybe... :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2917#comment:8>