Re: reverse_name and tagged reply : bug ?

Le mardi 19 juin 2007 à 18:43, d'après
Rado S <list-rado@xxxxxx> :

> What should happen if 2 of your alternates are in the recipients?

Good question. I believe there already are situations where mutt has
comparable decisions to make, for instance if you tag several messages
and <tag-prefix><save-message>, to choose the "default" fcc (unless you
have defined hooks which is a different matter of course), so why not
use the same logic ?

> The special case that it indeed is only the same 1 ... needs a patch.
> Therefore not bug, but missing feature.

Ok. It's been too many years since I did anything inside mutt so I won't
volonteer for making a patch, but I certainly can help to test and debug
if someone else makes a patch.

> Are you sure it isn't just picking the 1st reverse_name rather than a
> default (which might be the same as your default so you can't notice)?
> Use a completely different addr from the alternates as your default.

Yes, I tried that, it really uses the default address.

> If that is the case, then you must pay attention to tag'em in the
> right order.

Do you mean there's an order when I tag messages ? That whould be really
great (for instance being able to quote messages in a certain order when
doing <tag-prefix><reply>)!

--
Thomas Parmelan