Re: reverse_name and tagged reply : bug ?

=- Thomas Parmelan wrote on Tue 19.Jun'07 at 17:23:29 +0200 -=

> I am a big user of alternates and reverse_name, in order to have
> the correct "From: " address when I reply to a mail. I recently
> discovered that if I tag two mails to make a common reply, then I
> get my default "From: " address instead of the one that was used
> as recipient in the two tagged messages.

I'm no expert for this, but once you happen
not to have the same "To:" to be used as "From:", what should mutt
do, i.e. there is no check whether all tagged msgs contain the same
and _only_ 1 of your alternates?
What should happen if 2 of your alternates are in the recipients?
The special case that it indeed is only the same 1 ... needs a patch.
Therefore not bug, but missing feature.

Are you sure it isn't just picking the 1st reverse_name rather than a
default (which might be the same as your default so you can't notice)?
Use a completely different addr from the alternates as your default.

If that is the case, then you must pay attention to tag'em in the
right order.