Re: [ANNOUNCE] mutt 1.5.16 released

On 2007-06-17 05:13:27 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2007-06-16 18:46:01 -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> > > Also the .mailcap (to view attachments with external tools) also
> > > needs programming knowledge.
> >
> > No it doesn't.  My mailcap has no code in it whatsoever.  Just simple
> > command lines (which is not code).  Typing the name of a program with
> > arguments is not the same as writing code.
>
> You don't know what you're talking about. This simply doesn't work.
> I'd like to see your mailcap for viewing a PDF under Mac OS X...

I forgot to say, but many mailcap may have a security hole (in part
due to a security hole in Firefox, known for several years but still
unfixed). See

for instance. I did the exploit (based on some example reported by
someone else in the Mozilla's Bugzilla) with Mutt and the system
mailcap from Debian.

So, modifying the mailcap file also requires security knowledge.