Re: [Mutt] #2874: broken flowed text quoting

#2874: broken flowed text quoting

Comment (by drow):

 The moment I decide to send this to the list, trac gives me a password...
 sorry for the duplication.

 {{{
 This bug happens for anyone without text_flowed set.  In that case
 s->prefix is set to "> " and then another space is added in
 print_flowed_line.  Before, there were complaints about getting ">foo"
 for f-f; now we get ">  foo" (two spaces).

 print_indent is applying s->prefix (i.e. Prefix, indent_string) for the
 outermost level of quoting, i.e. the one added by "reply".  Then it's
 applying a literal '>' for each level of quoting in what you're
 replying to.  Then it's adding a literal space.  This seems very
 confused to me.  Maybe it should apply s->prefix each time?

 Meanwhile, I'm using this.  I imagine it will still lead to funny
 quoting, like "> >>> foo", but at least it's better than nothing.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2874#comment:3>