Re: change-folder bug with mailboxes & spaces

On Monday, 09 April 2007 at 15:49, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

>  The trac system hasn't sent me a password to log in and submit a
>  bug, so I'm sending this to the list... This is an old bug, but

sorry, looks like I broke that bit recently. I think I've fixed it, if
you wouldn't mind trying to recreate your account.

>  since we're staring down the barrel of 1.6, I thought I'd bring it
>  up again.
>
>  If you have some mailboxes defined, it makes it very difficult to
>  open mailboxes that have spaces in their names. Specifically, let's
>  say I have the following mailboxes:
>
>      INBOX
>      other stuff
>
>  And let's say I put into my muttrc:
>
>      mailboxes INBOX
>
>  If I then try to change into the other folder, like so:
>
>      c=other stuff
>
>  Then I'll get as far as this:
>
>      c=other
>
>  And then when I type in the space, mutt will assume I'm asking for
>  the next "mailbox" and will delete everything I've written so far.
>
>  I think the solution to this is to make mutt a bit more state-full,
>  and only switch to the next "mailbox" if I haven't actually typed
>  anything yet.

This might be ok, but I don't know how many people want the existing
behaviour. We used to have a quote-next-char key (was it ^V?) for this
situation. I can't figure out what happened to it.