Re: mutt cache sensitivity

On Thursday, March 29 at 11:23 AM, quoth Paul Walker:
hurry, so I kill mutt (ctrl-\, because ctrl-c won't stop a download). The cache will be corrupted, because mutt didn't get a chance to unlink it out of the cache.

That's a good example. It also means mutt won't get a chance to unlink the file in the temporary location, though. Are you planning to clean it on startup, or just let the system tidying scripts deal with it?

Hmmm, the problem with having mutt do the tidying is that there could be several instances of mutt. If I launch another mutt while I wait for one mutt to download a giant message, I don't want the second mutt to delete all of the first one's hard work.

~Kyle
--
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
                                                           -- Voltaire