Re: Muttrc encoding (was: What is official repository now ?)

 On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 4:04:07 +0200, Vincent Lefèvre wrote:

> does this [$config_charset] apply to the current file?

    $config_charset applies *immediatly*, beginning with the next line.
And continues forever, even past end of file. User can change
$config_charset at will, even multiple times per file. Of course, a file
might be easyier to edit if it is written in one charset at a time...

> I suppose that things like UTF-16 cannot work.

    $config_charset=utf-16 does work, *if* this line is good old Ascii,
and the next is real UTF-16. :-)

    Strangely, I seemed to vaguely recall the contrary, from some
previous check. But I just verified it with an UTF-16 muttrc, and it
works like a charm.

Bye!    Alain.