Re: x-label vs x-keywords

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 08:40:14AM -0600, David Champion wrote:
> However, I'm not sure how IMAP servers (UW and dovecot) actually use
> the keywords.  Would having mutt handle this header interfere with
> that function?

now, that's an interesting question ...
uw-imap translates keywords into message flags. i don't remember how
this looks on the c-client side.
fwiw, i've been pondering with implementing keywords with maildir for
years now ... maildir saves flags in the file name, so consequently
keywords would belong there, too. but this wouldn't be compatible with
anything. keywords in the files otho would be incredibly slow without a
cache ...