Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6?

* On 2007.02.22, in <20070222173033.GD2755@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Brendan Cully" <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I intend to cut 1.5.14 this weekend. I'd like to make 1.5.15 the last
> proper dev release for 1.6 - that is, feature-freeze after
> 1.5.15. So, I'd like to hear once again which patches everyone would
> like to see in 1.6 (and which patches people object to).

I guess as long as I'm knee-deep in pitching patches, xlabel_ext might
be nice to see as well.  This it the extension to x-label that allows
setting labels and sorting by label internally to mutt.  It currently
supports mbox, maildir, and imap, at least.  (There have been problems
with maildir and imap in the past.)

xlabel_ext's editing function can be approximated using editor macros,
but since xlabel_ext can bulk-modify labels across tagged messages,
it's valuable for using mutt's X-Labels in the way that Gmail and other
newish mailers use labels/tags.  (That is: more like categories than
like paperclips and post-it notes.)

Patch against hg tip:
  http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.14.dgc.xlabel_ext.9

Even if this doesn't make the cut, hg is much easier for tracking
patches than cvs.  I'm enjoying that. :)

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago