Re: Updating the manual

Hi,

* Vincent Lefevre [07-03-03 01:14:44 +0100] wrote:
On 2007-03-02 14:43:18 +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:

Well, the manual now makes use of only very few DocBook tags. But the problem to me seems that neither DocBook nor asciidoc contain those we need like one for referencing variables (including layout, cross-reference, auto-indexing, etc). That is a mess to type and maintain with either solution.

This is not a problem with DocBook: just write your own schema based
on DocBook. I did that for several of my files, and it works very
well (though DocBook doesn't have its own namespace). And one still
has XML files, on which one can apply standard XML tools.

What do mean by "schema"? A custom XML dialect that gets translated into vanilla DocBook for usual processing?

I did that for mutt and nobody cared... :)

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!