Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6? (send multipart/alternative)

=- Jim Allen wrote on Sat  3.Mar'07 at  9:22:37 -0600 -=

> >See alternative_order, auto_view, and '?' help in compose menu ->
> >edit-type (=> macro) (optionally edit_headers).
> >This should allow you to conveniently produce HTML eMail.
>
> The problem with this approach is it only produces the HTML portion.
> The individuals I deal with have both HTML, content-id inline gifs,
> and possbly other attachments They want it all preserved.

Ok, I forgot to mention some cruicial detail, in my ~/.mailcap:
        multipart/alternative;cat;copiousoutput
With that you can parse the data in your editor(-script) to
produce what you need.

Now by use of hooks and macros you can switch all mime- related mutt
cfg (incl. mailcap) and tweak the top-lvl content-type, so that you
can do insane stuff in your complainy while remain sane to the normal
mutt world. Don't dare to send /alternative somewhere else. ;)

You're responsible for ALL of it: you get what you give.