mutt/2802: Mutt *very* slow reading mails with long header lines

>Number:         2802
>Category:       mutt
>Synopsis:       Mutt *very* slow reading mails with long header lines
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       normal

The following was submitted as Debian bug #290701:

----- Forwarded message from Steve McIntyre <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> -----

Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:08:58 +0000
From: Steve McIntyre <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mutt *very* slow reading some mails

Package: mutt
Version: 1.5.6-20040907+2

Mutt stops responding to me when trying to open certain (spam)
messages. I've attached a gzipped example. strace shows large numbers
of mremap() calls going on, which suggests maybe lots of memory
allocations. The mail has a *very* long line in the Bcc: header, which
I'm guessing may be the cause.

Of course, I don't want to actually read this mail, but mutt should be
better behaved. After waiting a couple of minutes, I killed the mutt
process and had a look at this mail using less instead.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@xxxxxxxxxx
Is there anybody out there?

----- End forwarded message -----