IMAP reconnecting trouble

Hi,

I have a problem with IMAP I finally to managed to get a debug file for: my IP is dynamically assigned and when it changes, mutt looses its connection to the server. When opening a folder it notices it and tries to reopen/reauthenticate. However, it then hangs and reports it couldn't open the folder. Only exiting and restarting it helps.

The last part of the log looks like:

  Connected to xxx:993 on fd=5
  5< * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS AUTH=PLAIN
AUTH=LOGIN] xxx IMAP4rev1 2004.357 at Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:27:16 +0100 (MET)
  Handling CAPABILITY
  imap_authenticate: Using any available method.
  local ip: xxx, remote ip:xxx;993
  External SSF: 128
  External authentication name: pdmef
  mutt_sasl_cb_authname: getting authname for xxx:993
  mutt_sasl_cb_authname: getting user for xxx:993
  mutt_sasl_cb_pass: getting password for pdmef@xxx:993
  5> a0537 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN cGRtZWYAcGRtZWYAcnQxeHY=^M
  5< a0537 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ IDLE NAMESPACE MAILBOX-REFERRALS
BINARY UNSELECT SCAN SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND]
User pdmef authenticated
  Handling CAPABILITY
  Connection to xxx closed
  imap_cmd_step: Error reading server response.
  mutt_socket_close: Attempt to close closed connection.
  SASL authentication failed.
  mutt_index_menu[618]: Got op 107
  No mailbox is open.

What looks strange to me is that even though it opened a new connection, it uses the old numbers (though I don't think that really matters much, it's just that mutt should do some cleanup before opening a folder).

I get this usually once a day after several hours. Any chance that the fix for SASL and IMAP in CVS does help?

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!