Re: Add search tuning section to manual

On Monday, November 20 at 09:58 AM, quoth Brendan Cully:
(also, simple string searches are a huge performance win on IMAP, because they get done by the server. But I suppose I should probably add that text myself...)

I was wondering about that, actually. If I search with ~b instead of =b, will mutt use the local message cache (i.e. would it be a win if I have all the messages cached)? Might it be useful to have mutt use the local mcache for those things it does have cached, and the server for the rest?

~Kyle
--
I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.
                                                   -- Oliver Cromwell