Re: define mailbox shortcut?

Hi Brendan,

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:43:36 -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:

> One handy trick in recent mutts is to define those mailboxes in
> 'mailboxes' directives (they won't normally be polled until you
> connect):
>
> mailboxes 'imaps://DOM\myuserid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/'
>
> then you should be able to use tab-completion after the imaps: part to
> save yourself a lot of typing. I use this technique myself fairly
> often.

This sounded very neat and plausible, and tab completion would
completely suffice for me. Yet I appended an 'imap://user@host/' entry
to my mailboxes line (not imap_s_, I'm at home now), and it doesn't
tab-expand at any point. What I can do is a triple-tab (displays all
mailboxes) and select the mailbox, which is also quite fine, but not
what you explained.

> It's tempting to update symlink handling so that if the destination
> doesn't exist, mutt attempts to resolve it as a folder URL too.

Neat, but very much a hack, huh?

Moritz

P.S.: By the way, my (heavily patched) mutt-1.5.11 at home segfaults on
      'imap' tab completion. :) Time to forward port those patches.