Re: define mailbox shortcut?

* Moritz Barsnick <barsnick@xxxxxxx> [16-08-2006 14:47]:

> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 12:46:51 +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > macro index ,C
> > '<copy-message>imaps://DOM\myuserid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Foldername<enter>'
>
> Okay, fair enough, a macro, not a shortcut. I'll let you know when I
> run out of key combinations to map. ;-)
>
> > You could use imaps://user:pass@server form. If you make that into a
> > macro the password will be in cleartext in your config of course.
>
> Of course, thanks for the clarification. But no way would I ever want
> to do that.

I use the following directives:

account-hook .                            'unset imap_user imap_pass'
account-hook imaps://mx.webarchitects.nl/ 'source ~/.mutt/imap'

~/.mutt/imap, of course, is a file only readable and writable by me,
containing imap_user and imap_pass.

To avoid the argument "do you trust your system administrator" which
always comes up in this context:

- I am my own sysadmin
- The server is at a location I trust, and around persons I fully
  trust to have no knowledge of computers whatsoever..

  (i.e. my parents' place)

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7