Re: hang on opening mailbox in UTF-8 env

On Monday, August 14 at 12:36 PM, quoth Christian Ebert:
I recently switched to an UTF-8 LANG environment, and everything
seemed fine, until I found mutt hanging indefinitely on opening
some mailboxes/Maildirs. At first I thought my setting of
$menu_scroll was the culprit but, alas, it is not.

Hmm, I cannot reproduce the error on my Mac (though I use the assumed_charset patch, so that may help significantly).

It is worth pointing out that the mail in question is improperly encoded: the subject line contains a non-ascii character.

Perhaps try viewing it inside a uxterm rather than an xterm?

~Kyle
--
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
                                         -- Sir Stephen Henry Roberts