Re: The future of mailboxes?

Kyle Wheeler wrote:

[--snip--]
I've had far too many databases corrupt themselves into oblivion because the power went out. I've had filesystems get upset because the power went out, but nothing I couldn't fix with a good fsck; worst case: I lost a couple files.

If database designers are not stupid and care dearly about reliability, tell me, why is MyISAM still the default database format for MySQL? It

FWIW, I think most of your points are valid, but... MySQL is a pile of dung. If you want a database which values data integrity try PostgreSQL. Basing an argument against database storage on arguing against MySQL amounts to a straw man IMO.

--
Bardur Arantsson
<bardurREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

- Computer Scientists do it with helpful comments and pointers.