1.5.12 gpg/pgp handling broken again

 I filed a similar report last August under "1.5.10 pgp handling broken".
 Not sure whether this is related.

 1. Some error messages are very non-descriptive. If I try to open an
    encrypted message and enter the wrong passphrase, all I get is
    "Could not copy message". Huh?

 2. I received an email with an "application/pgp-keys" attachment, marked
    in the index with a "K" flag. The message is not signed or encrypted,
    but I cannot open it, again I get "Could not copy message". I am able
    to enter the Attachments menu and save the key from there.