Re: pattern groups, v3

* On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 Thomas Roessler (roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> I hope that I'll be doing "ungroup" tomorrow; meanwhile, if
> anyone feels like doing it, you're welcome. ;-)

I played around with the feature a bit now that it's in a release and it
could be useful indeed. That ungroup command is still missing.

A few thoughts:
- a group expando to $alias_format or even a general group expando would
  be great.
  I dream of »save-hook '%C %g | %f %g' =%g« where %g expands to all
  groups loopwise.
- a way to send mail to all members of a group is missing.
  The traditional way would be a group alias listing all members
  manually. now that the group is already there that's sort of
  inelegant.
  So either a way to say »alias group_alias [all members of group foo]«
  or a way to say "expand groupmembers here" in a to: etc prompt.
  Maybe To: #groupname?

Michael
--
BOFH excuse #218: