gpg 1.4.4 broke things (config problem?)

Hello,

I sent this to the mutt-users list, but didn’t get much other than blank stares.

I recently upgraded my gnupg to 1.4.4 (on two of my machines). When I did, replying to traditional-pgp encrypted messages (i.e. the kind that pine users send) instantly broke on both of them. Instead of the quoted (decoded) text of the message in my replies, I just get this:

   gpg: fatal: unable to reopen standard input, output, or error

I assume the problem is with my configuration, somehow, but it’s set up identically to the contrib/gpg.rc that comes with mutt.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong? Any ideas how I might begin to debug it?

For what its worth, replying to pgp/mime messages works perfectly, just as it always has.

~Kyle
--
Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.
                                                       -- Oscar Wilde