Re: mutt stalls on reconnect

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 01:09:50PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Friday, May 26 at 01:01 PM, quoth Kyle Wheeler:
> >I use mutt on my laptop, and occasionally mutt is running when I close
> >the laptop and go home for the day. When I open up my laptop and try
> >to use mutt, of course, it’s mad because it’s not on the same network,
> >and times out (“Mailbox closed”). When I tell it to reconnect
> >(“c=”), it starts, but stalls and never actually does.
> >
> >The muttdebug0 is here: http://salinan.memoryhole.net/~kyle/muttdebug0
>
> I should add - I cannot control-c to kill mutt in that case. I have to
> control-\ it.

I observe the same behaviour every time mutt looses the connection to the imap
server. I usually don't change the network while the computer is suspended, so
I don't think the network you are on does matter.

If I get the message "Mailbox closed", then mutt can reconnect the imap
server, but it stalls when it tries to establish the SSL session. I never got
around to investigate this problem, though.

Christoph

--
FH Worms - University of Applied Sciences
Fachbereich Informatik / Telekommunikation