Re: what shows %b?

[=- TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote on Thu 27.Apr'06 at 12:27:22 +0900 -=]

> > I read the manual explanation of the %b variable, but I still have
> > no idea what pathnames it refers to, and what is "mailDir"
> > (uppercase D)?
>
> %b - "B for mailBox".

Argh, sorry, blind. ;)

> %b is one of the most confusing features in muttrc.
> In most cases, %b is not used within $index_format.
> Usually, %b is not used as %b itself, but used as the fallback
> of %B in save-hook.
> Yes, I agree %b is almost useless. ;)
> But someone may want to save messages to =%b-read or =old/%b.

Wait, WAIT!
You tell me this works so that you don't need "current-folder"
patch because it can be achieved via %b?!?!?! :)

WTF hasn't this usage of %-codes in hooks ever been documented?!

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.