Re: header_cache broken in cvs

Hello Aron,

> exception that I've been testing with gdbm instead of db4.  Just to

I use qdbm not db4. Because it is the fastet of the three supported and
it is the only who does support compression which reduces header cache
size to 1/5 of the original header cache in my usage scenario. gdbm is
faster than db4.

> The second run took 5 seconds, third run took 0.5 seconds, clearly
> using the cache.

at seems so but it could be also the buffer cache of the filesystem. But
killing the cache short after creation and do it again will give you the
strong prove that you use it. I also had a patch which gathers hit/miss
statics. Whatever.

> Running the same test using another IMAP server shows it doesn't work
> here.  Thank you for the testing ideas.

Strange. I think you should follow Brendans lead and track the issue
down. I am sure the both of you find it.

        Thomas