Re: imap_idle

On Tuesday, December 13 at 02:11 PM, quoth Brendan Cully:
On Tuesday, 13 December 2005 at 17:04, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
On Tuesday, December 13 at 01:50 PM, quoth Brendan Cully:
>The poll call is actually a select call (and it works on my OS X.4.3
>development system). I suppose it could fail depending on whether the
>connection file descriptor is valid. This could be affected by the use
>of $tunnel, SSL, SASL, or some mixture of those, and may also depend
>on whether you're using gnutls or openssl. I've been using a raw
>connection wrapped by SASL digest-md5.

I don't use a tunnel either. I'm attaching the output of mutt -D. mutt -v says:

-USE_POP +USE_IMAP +USE_SMTP -USE_GSS -USE_SSL +USE_GNUTLS +USE_SASL I'd like to be able to use the IDLE feature... what's the next step to figuring out what's going on?

are you connecting with SSL (which would use the gnutls code)? See if
things change if you connect without ssl. We can probably get poll to
work, but my current opinion is that IDLE won't work with binc until
binc fixes the bug described below.

Fair enough. Yeah, I'm connecting with SSL:
folder="imaps://kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/INBOX"

Sorry, I promised mutt -D -- it's attached now.

~Kyle
--
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying.
                                                         -- Woody Allen