imap_idle

Hiya!

So, I tried out the new IDLE code on my bincimap 1.3.4 server (it's brand new, and has bugs in it, so this could be a bincimap problem).

I did a mutt -d 9, and got as far as "Sorting mailbox..." across the bottom of the terminal, and there, mutt freezes. Here's the relevant section from the ~/.muttdebug0 file:

   > a0014 IDLE
   < + idling
   Poll failed, disabling IDLE
   mail_addr_is_user: no, all failed.
           ^-- this line is repeated MANY times
   > DONE
   a0015 STATUS "INBOX/Drafts" (MESSAGES)
   < * BAD Syntax error: "DONE
   < A0015 STATUS "INBOX/DRAFTS" (MESSAGES)"

And that's where the file stops.

If I add "imap_idle=no" to my ~/.muttrc, the problem goes away.

This is on MacOS X 10.4.3, so... it *should* have poll(). What might be going wrong here?

~Kyle
--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
                                                       -- H. L. Mencken