Re: Weird Solaris headers (again)

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Steve Kennedy wrote:

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 03:40:38PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Steve Kennedy wrote:
On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 09:35:55AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Steve Kennedy wrote:
OK spoke to soon,
works with putty on xterm-color, not with Solaris DTterm
(i.e. get blank lines between headers)
That's odd - I would assume skipped lines due to wrapping behavior.
infocmp would show that as a difference in the 'bw' capability in the
terminfo.  But your comment seems to indicate that putty is working
properly and dtterm is not (with ncurses, iirc).
(dtterm has its own set of bugs - I only recall that scrolling doesn't
work).
I had to add -lcurses to LDFLAGS for Solaris (using Sun's standard
libs) or would get undefined symbols.

What were the undefined symbols?  Usually the header conflict shows up
from this chunk in /usr/include/curses.h:

#define initscr         initscr32
#define newterm         newterm32
#define waddch          w32addch
#define wechochar       w32echochar
#define pechochar       p32echochar
#define winsch          w32insch
#define vidputs         vid32puts
#define vidattr         vid32attr
#define wattroff        w32attroff
#define wattron         w32attron
#define wattrset        w32attrset
#define acs_map         acs32map
#define box             box32

For instance, an application might include this <curses.h>, getting Sun's header file while trying to link with the ncurses library (and missing
the symbols with "32" in their names).   Or the converse, it may include
ncurses' <curses.h> and be missing initscr, etc.

I couldn't find ncurses installed ...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net