Re: mutt/2149: exit command doesn't, if there's new mail

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2149; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx
Cc: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2149: exit command doesn't, if there's new mail
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:23:32 -0500

 --DBIVS5p969aUjpLe

 On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:45:02AM +0100, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
 >  I have the same experience as described in this bug report. I open mutt
 >  while downloading (fetchmail'ing) new messages. I start 'd'eleting
 >  some, and want to clean up by '$'-synching. It just won't work while
 >  mails are still coming in.

 Yeah, exactly.  I can't see how that can be considered not broken...
 If the user is experiencing some sort of mail bomb (unintentional or
 not) it leaves them somewhat helpless, with their only recourse to be
 abandon all changes they've made and exit mutt (with 'x').

 Likewise, for those of us like myself who must monitor e-mail as part
 of our job, who receive literally thousands of messages at the
 beginning of our shift, it sucks.  If I'm working in a high-volume
 folder, and my boss says he needs me to look at some other mail in a
 different folder "right away" -- I either have to wait (which is going
 to piss someone off) or abandon whatever I did (which pisses me off).

 That sucks.

 -=-=-=-=-

 --DBIVS5p969aUjpLe

 --DBIVS5p969aUjpLe--