Re: mutt/2149: exit command doesn't, if there's new mail

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2149; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Zefram <zefram@xxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2149: exit command doesn't, if there's new mail
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:56:37 +0000

 Moritz Barsnick wrote:
 > I think it's the sync that fails (i.e. trying to write back the pending
 > changes to the mailbox),

 Ah, I wasn't using the word "sync" in this sense.  I was referring to mutt
 updating its in-memory idea of the mailbox state to match what's on disk,
 in this case due to new mail having arrived.  What's the term for this?
 "refresh", perhaps?

 Referring to that as "refresh", and what the "$" key does as "sync":
 "q" needs to do a sync first, and the sync fails, the attempt to quit
 is abandoned, and a refresh happens instead.  "$" on its own exhibits
 the same problem.

 Sorry, I haven't been doing very well with the terminology here.
 I'm usually better than this.

 -zefram