Re: bug reporting

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 04:47:04PM +0000, Zefram wrote:
> There's a problem with your bug reporting system.

That is debatable...  (Not saying I disagree, just saying it is a
matter which has legitimate points on both sides.)

> I've just mailed the list with a minor bug.  My first attempt to do so
> was rejected because I'm not subscribed to the list.  I don't want to
> stay subscribed -- I just want to report this one bug and correspond
> about just this bug -- so I didn't want to subscribe.

That's an unfortunate reality...  Mailing lists get bombarded with
spam otherwise.  You just have to live with it.

> I enter guest/guest in the login form.  I next receive two cookies,
> and get a page that says "Hold on... Redirecting..." and has a refresh
> link.  Following the refresh link brings me back to the same "Hold
> on... Redirecting..." page, so I never get any further.  The link in
> the body of the refresh page is identical to the refresh link, and so
> gives the same result.  I'm using Lynx 2.8.5rel.1, and I am accepting
> cookies as advised by the login page.

It works for me using Fedora's lynx-2.8.5-18.0.1 package.  I see the
redirection link, and press enter to activate it, and I get the gnats
page.

If it is not working for you, the problem appears to be that your
installation of Lynx is broken in some way, or possibly some sort of
user error.  Perhaps Fedora is including patches that provide
functionality which your installation is missing.

-=-=-=-=-