Re: mutt/2147: Unbale to see the image as a part of email message body - mutt with -i option

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2147; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mutt/2147: Unbale to see the image as a part of email message body
- mutt with -i option
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:56:52 -0500

 On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 04:21:27PM +0100, jagtapr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
 > Unbale to see the image as a part of email message body - mutt with -i option
 >
 > I am new to mutt. I need help with one of the mutt option. The
 > option is -i My requirement is to send the image as a part of the
 > message body instead of an attachment.

 I think this is not at all what you want to do.  I believe other mail
 programs handle this by creating an HTML message which refers to the
 image, and including the image as an attachment.  Mutt isn't really
 designed to do this (though it probably should be), though IIRC there
 are patches to handle creation of HTML mail.  I don't know where to
 find them, or if they will help you do what you want to do.  If you
 need to do this a lot, I suspect you will be better off with a
 different mail program...