Re: How to display format=flowed?

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 02:34:53PM +0200, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

> eye movement is not a bad thing, loosing the row when jumping to the
> next line is, but more for books and newspapers that are not exactly

Which is more of a problem the longer the line.

> spacing / justification. But most important: You will not find any book
> or newspaper that let's >50% of it's paper width go to waste.

Neither does mutt, on a normal sized terminal. I can't imagine you find many
people with insanely sized terminals.

> means that a single column would put 75% of the paper to waste. I am using
> a 156 character terminal which means that mutt 'only' wastes about 50% of
> my screen.

Out of interest, have you actually tried Thomas's suggestion of taking lumps
of text, reformatting to long and short lines, and reading them? 156 columns
just sounds way too big...

--
Paul