Re: How to display format=flowed?

On 2005-10-12 | 17:04:12, Holger Weiss wrote:
So?  Newspapers could of course easily widen their columns to whatever
number of characters they see fit, but they keep the number small for
a good reason.  BTW, we're not only talking about newspapers; you'll
hardly find _any_ printed material with a line length significantly
greater than 80 characters (apart from badly typeset MS Word stuff or
the like).  This has nothing to do with 80x25 terminal limitations.

You completely ignore that I have pointed out some important differences between newspapers and terminals:

Newspapers are seldom held exactly horizontal. Longer lines mean more (unwanted) vertical eye movement.

Newspapers use hyphenation and more than one column. Imagine a paper that uses only one column and leaves ~70% of the page empty. That is what mutt does with the terminal! Now go and try to figure out how columns could be done in the terminal. Tom

--
Serverbetrieb - freie Meinungsäusserung im Internet
http://www.hostmaster.org/Server.html