Re: mutt/1296: iso date/time format by default

Hello John,

 On Friday, September 23, 2005 at 18:18:28 +0100, John F. Hall wrote:

>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 00:05:02 +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
>>> [12h clock] is consistent with other defaults and especially the
>>> English C locale.
> experimenting with LC_TIME and strftime's "preferred" (%c) format. C,
> POSIX, en_GB, fr_FR, de_DE, es_ES, and es_MX all used the 24 hour
> clock, only en_US and en_CA of the ones I tried used 12 hour and
> AM/PM. That is contrary to the assertion above about the C locale - at
> least for my system.

    On my system too. But saying "consistent" I didn't mean C [d_]t_fmt
used 12h. I meant that by default the full system is English, and that
English uses 12h. Well, American and Canadian...

| $ for loc in $(locale -a); do echo -ne "$loc\t"; LC_ALL=$loc locale t_fmt;
done

> I would suggest that the [...] changing to an ISO default is left
> until it becomes the default LOCALE setting.

    Left until we are all robots parsing attributions. As long as there
are still humans *reading* attributions, ISO doesn't suit, in my humble.

    Time to talk about the ugly truncation of day and month names? ;-)

Bye!    Alain.
--
Give your computer's unused idle processor cycles to a scientific goal:
The Folding@home project at <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.