syntax errors in addresses (Was: Re: group-reply - bug or feature?)

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 14:49:06 -0700, Will Yardley wrote:
> HOWEVER, if one of the addresses has a semicolon in it (obviously a
> typo), mutt seems to barf....

I think that's some sort of sanity check.

If I create a mail with commas instead of dots in the "From:", mutt
replaces the index display with the "Return-Path:" address. With NNTP
(mutt with NNTP patch of course), you see nothing in the index. I have
one regular poster in my company's internal newsgroups who has this...

I guess it just "shouldn't happen". Does mutt need to tolerate certain
errors in the headers?

Moritz