Re: IMAP server side search integration

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:03:26AM +0100, Dickon Hood wrote:

> I've noticed this with both Mozilla and Firefox on linux and Solaris; I
> have to reboot my home desktop every couple of months because of it.

Luckily, I think I noticed before the OOM killer got anything. Closing
Firefox made all the swap suddenly become available again...

> mutt's RAM usage is pretty good, TBH.  screen(1) uses more RAM.

It is good, but I've noticed that with 1.5.10 it seems to have a tendency to
drift upwards, which I don't think it used to do. This mutt was only started
yesterday, for example, and hasn't been used for any particularly large
emails, and it's already up to 12MB resident (according to top). There
aren't any particularly large shared libraries, so the rest of it must be
going *somewhere*...

--
Paul