How to treat duplicates

[=- Alain Bench wrote on Sun 28.Aug'05 at  0:10:43 +0200 -=]

> I like more your crossref #nnn in keywords way.

I use(d) that for reports which were related, not identical.
(at least as far as I understood them)

The idea being that if one thing would be fixed, the other might
be easy or sensible to fix with a complete solution, too.

[=- Paul Walker wrote on Sun 28.Aug'05 at 10:54:54 +0100 -=]

> On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 12:10:43AM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
> > So what to do with dupes in general: Close all but the first?
> > Will it not risk to lose some infos? Will it not be uselessely
> > rude to submitters?
>
> Close all but the first, updating the first to add a ref to each
> duplicate. Much as Bugzilla does, in fact. That way you don't
> lose any info.

So far I only thought of transferring the reporters to the
notification list, but I'll keep in mind to add cross-refs, too.

> I don't think anyone would consider it particularly rude to
> close a dupe.

Neither do I, especially when they are moved on the new
notification list.

--
© Rado S. -- So much to do, but too little time to take care of it all.