Re: Expiration period for feedback requests

[=- Alain Bench wrote on Sat 27.Aug'05 at 23:40:59 +0200 -=]
(sorry for double, hadn't "subscribed" it yet. :(

> It depends: I'd say two monthes on average. This can vary: Less
> on nearly sure non-bugs or fixed bugs, more during holidays.

Ok, be prepared for next wave by end of Sept.
Let's cleanup (old) stuff a little to allow focussing on the
real stuff.

As for your other comments:
common sense applies, of course, and I have some of it, too. ;)

However, if a report basically only consists of "this action
crashes" and no further feedback will be provided, there is no
point in keeping the report open even though it may have a valid
origin.
 Keeping it still open might cause further users not to report
because they mistakingly assume "it's been taken care of", not
realizing it got stuck without a chance for backtracking progress,
which they might provide if they reported and were asked for.

Unless I missed the point or some new arguments arise, I'll close
reports with no feedback support and no chance of analysis by
common sense with assumed skills of mutt-dev.
mutt-dev should control BTS actions and correct mistakes where
applicable, discuss if in doubt.

--
© Rado S. -- So much to do, but too little time to take care of it all.