Re: [1.5.10] bus error when invocation of pgp fails

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 12:04:52AM +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:

> I have not tested it, but, is it really the patch broke the behaviour?
> I suspect 1.5.10 itself has this problem, though I haven't tested it, too.
> Sorry for such laziness.

You're right - 1.5.10 had the same behaviour. So now we know we didn't break
it.

Wherever it comes from, I still regard this behaviour as broken, though.

> Or, output "Could not copy message" after 1 or 2 seconds of showing
> "Could not decrypt PGP message" error? I prefer the latter.

"Could not copy message" shouldn't be displayed at all, IMO.

Overall, the 1.5.9 behaviour seemed much more better to me - it displayed
the actual error from the encryption program, so you knew whether it was to
the wrong key, bad passphrase, or some other error. Now all you get is "I
can't do it". Useless. Whichever patch caused this should be reverted.

> Brendan seems most likely the person in charge of these changes.

Possibly, but Brendan's off for a while yet, IIRC.

--
Paul