Re: [1.5.10] bus error when invocation of pgp fails

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:43:58AM +0200, Christian Ebert wrote:

> BTW I ran it with -F/dev/null; backtrace:

It looks identical to the other report. Reading the code, there is a path
which can try to do file operations on a NULL handle if a PGP process can't
be created. Might be worth checking you have a valid entry for
pgp_decode_command.

If you have the spare time, could you try inserting a printf() in the if
clause at line 341, and also adding:

#include <assert.h>
        assert(pgpout != NULL);

just before line 384 in pgp.c? I'm expecting to see the assert fail. If not,
I haven't a clue what's going on at this point. :-)

If that fails, I think moving lines 382-393 inside the body of the else{}
should work, but someone more familiar with the PGP code should check.

Mind you, I've tried to reproduce the problem here and I can't, so this
could all be completely wrong.

Thank you both for the bug report, by the way. :-)

--
Paul