Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches (Re: your mail)

* On 2005.08.10, in <20050810112840.GB3594@xxxxxxx>,
*       "Alain Bench" <veronatif@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > in place of $menu_move: $menu_fill_screen? or just $fill_menu? (with
> > the sense inverted, obviously). I actually prefer the latter. Or maybe
> > $menu_fill to make Rado happy.
>
>     $menu_fill_screen is not so bad, but does not really convey the idea
> of menu bottom. The name could cover a completely different hypothetic
> feature.

See, this is what I like about it. :) I don't have a sense of the menu's
having a fixed bottom at all -- the bottom is just the last entry on
the menu, and I never really think about it unless I'm describing it to
someone else.  I just don't think geographically about my mutt display,
I guess.

This is what I was trying to describe earlier -- I think there are two
different ways of mapping the character display into a model in one's
head.  One is very visual, and one is more functional.  I prefer to
think of it functionally, and it's harder for me to make sense of a
visual description.

I don't think I have anything new to say about it, though, so I'll quiet
up now.  I've already used more than my share of floor time. :)

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago