Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches (Re: your mail)

On Monday, 08 August 2005 at 19:46, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> hi tamo,
>
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 05:56:59PM +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> > What about my patch for menu_context?
> >
> mind releasing a new version based on the outcome (heh, which one? :})
> of the naming discussion? or did i miss it?

I haven't been following this all that closely, but let me weigh in
on the names a little bit:

I assumed $menu_sticky_bottom was a joke. It raised the eyebrow of
this english speaker anyway. Maybe that's just me.

I think $menu_context makes sense and is a nice parallel to
$pager_context. Why were we renaming this one again?

So I'd propose:
keep $menu_context
and in place of $menu_move: $menu_fill_screen? or just $fill_menu?
(with the sense inverted, obviously). I actually prefer the latter. Or
maybe $menu_fill to make Rado happy.

I'd also like to see two separate patches:
1) do the rename/sense inversion
2) fix the behavioural idiosyncracies

It makes it easier to review the behavioural changes in case anything
goes wrong.

Thanks for your work Tamo.