Re: mutt/2032: bus error when reading message (malformed?)

On Tuesday, August  9 at 06:55 PM, quoth Brendan Cully:
Synopsis: bus error when reading message (malformed?)

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: brendan
State-Changed-When: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:55:37 +0200
State-Changed-Why:
Fixed in CVS. Thanks for the high-quality bug report.

Hmm... now, when I view the message (under the conditions I reported), I get a PGP error: "Could not decrypt PGP message". And then I am treated to a blank message. In fact, the message does not need to be decrypted, as it is clear-signed. Additionally, with crypt_verify_sign=no, I specifically told mutt not to decrypt encrypted PGP messages.

Debian's mutt allows me to view the message, and if crypt_verify_sig=no, it reports that the message could not be verified but still lets me read it.

I ran mutt like this: ./mutt -n -f ./broken/ -F /dev/null

Then I executed:

:set crypt_verify_sig=no
:set pgp_auto_decode=yes

And then attempted to view the message.

~Kyle
--
I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms are in the physical.
                                                    -- Thomas Jefferson