Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches (Re: your mail)

 On Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 10:31:02 PM -0700, Brendan Cully wrote:

    [patch-1.5.9.tamo.menu_onlybug.1]
> with $menu_context="0", $menu_move_off="no" (the mutt I grew up with).

    I assume you mean $menu_move_off="yes", the unique behaviour of
historic Mutt until 1.5.7 included.

> <first-entry><last-entry> no longer produces the same screen as
> <first-entry><next-page><next-page>... until the last page.

    Same screen with $menu_move_off="no": A screenfull of entries.

    Different screens with $menu_move_off="yes" or legacy Mutt:
<last-entry> produces a screenfull of entries, while <next-page>s
produce a random partial end screen.

    I believe that when one does a <last-entry>, one expects a full
screen. Or maybe a partial screen, with a configurable amount of empty
lines below indicator (margin). Nobody expects to obtain a totally
random number of entries (between 1 and hight), like one can have with
PageDowns.

> I'd like it to.

    Yet another option? Or a macro doing <last-entry><current-middle> or
<last-entry><current-top> can suffice?

Bye!    Alain.