Re: mutt/2018: virtual folders wanted

Re: Paul Walker in <20050801151044.GC29135@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> vfolder-type constructions usually span multiple mailboxes, so no.

I know, but the PR didn't say that, and I got the impression that this
wasn't intended.

For now, there's mairix, at least for the maildir users.

> Since mutt usually opens only one mailbox at a time, this feature is not
> particularly suited to mutt, I suspect.

I could imagine that opening 2 folders at a time could be useful, and
maybe that generalizes to N folders. How hard that would be to
implement in mutt is a different question...

Re: Oswald Buddenhagen in <20050801151144.GB9825@xxxxxxxxxx>
> hmm, shouldn't this reply go straight to the bts? whatever ...

It should, but it didn't work :-/

> > This is possible with Nicolas'/my/Thomas' thread-pattern patch, latest
> > version at: http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/mutt/
> >
> sounds like a candidate for merging. ;)

I'm using it regularly, but there are two things left that should be
resolved before it goes upstream:

* It is slow, depending on the pattern. My list folder limit pattern
is ~(!~D(!~R|~F|~P)), and that took several 10s to evaluate on a 30k+
message mailbox on my old P3 500.

* Again depending on the pattern, new messages don't show up in the
index, i.e. you have to press l<enter> to recompute the limit.

Christoph
--
cb@xxxxxxxx | http://www.df7cb.de/